Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronization of multiple USB 6211 via signal export - Python, nidaqmx

Hello everyone,

I am trying to learn how to use the exported Timebase Clock (e.g., 20MHz) for synchronizing two USB-6211. To this end I designed the following setup (see attachment for the implementation):

1) daq 1: exports Timbebase (20MHz) via PFI4 and a StartTrigger via PFI5 and feeds them into PFI0 and PFI1 of daq2 (physical connection)
2) daq 2: is driven by the timebase of daq 1 (devided accordingly) and generates a sine wave analog output a 1Hz that is fed into analog input of daq 1 (ai0)
3) daq 1: reads analog output of daq 2 and displays it when all is done

So, if everything worked as I hoped, I should be able to record a sine wave on daq 1.

Unfortunately, I am failing already at the export of the Timebase and StartTrigger. In both cases I get the following error:

"Signal type requested to be exported is not supported for the specified task running on the given device."

(in response to, e.g.: task.export_signals.export_signal(Signal.TWENTY_M_HZ_TIMEBASE_CLOCK, '/Dev2/PFI4'))

I am confused, because the NI Max Software states that both signals can be exported. Does anyone know what I am missing?

Thanks in advance!

Jo

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(1,716 Views)