Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swapped chip on USB-6008 question

Solved!
Go to solution

I have an USB-6008 Daq that went bad in a set-up.  The MCU was getting very hot when plugged in (I had a ground problem that fried it).  I ordered a new MCU and replaced it, now it does not get hot at all when plugged in but I need to flash it I think.  The does not do anything, the led does not flash and the computer does not even acknowledge it has a device connected whether it recognizes it or not.  

Has anyone here done a repair like this?

Where can I get the software to flash the chip and can it be done at my site?

Thanks all, 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,939 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ChillyWilly

Hi ChillyWilly,

You should contact the Customer Service department and look into returning the device.  If it is within 30 days of purchase, then this should not be an issue and would be significantly easier than attempting to flash the device yourself.  You will need the device serial number when you call.  Hopefully this helps!

Regards,

h_baker
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,902 Views)

I contacted Support earlier today and they do not have a solution.

I did not RMA the part because it was damaged by us as we used it in a non-conventional way and was definitely out of the 30 day warranty.  The MCU was very inexpensive and replacing it was fun and gave me some more experience with electronics.  At this point there is nothing to do and all that was gained was experience in removing and replacing surface mount parts of small pin pitch.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,898 Views)

> replacing it was fun and gave me some more experience with electronics

If you decide to pursue a career in the field...

https://careers.peopleclick.com/careerscp/client_nationalinstruments/external/jobDetails.do?function...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,864 Views)