Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simultaneous triggered acquire sessions with single NI-DAQmx 6363 card ?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

Is it possible to perform 2 or more triggered acquire sessions in parellel (simultaneously) with a single NI-DAQmx 6363 card ? If yes, kindly give an idea how it can be achieved.

thank you,

Antony

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,889 Views)

Antony,

If you are asking if you can trigger one channel independently of another channel, then understand there is only one analog input timebase for the 6363. You can only have one trigger for that timebase, so then the answer is no. Sounds like you might need to post-process your data. If you give more details on what you are trying to do then we might be able to make more suggestions.

Aaron W.
National Instruments
CLA, CTA and CPI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,861 Views)

Hi Aron,

Sorry if the question was ill framed. It is like this. I intend to use the DAQ6363 DIO Lines, (12 of them) to acquire a 12-bit ADC (DUT) output. The end-of-conversion signal from the ADC (DUT) would dirve the trigger line of DAQ-6363 and make it to sample the 12 lines. Now, since a DAQ has 48 DIO Lines, and more than one trigger inputs. I was thinking whether I could use the DAQ-6363 card more efficiently and test more than one DUT in parallel, with the remaining DIO/Trigger lines ? 

Thanks,

Antony

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,858 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author duderino

No, all of the hardware-timed DI lines have to share the same trigger/sample clock.

Best Regards,

John Passiak
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,855 Views)

Okay, Thanks for clarifying. I suppose the same is true for other cards also, such as the HSDIO-6556 etc ?

Thanks,

Antony

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,851 Views)