From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should NI show external calibration temperature in MAX

We are trying to determine whether or not NI should continue displaying the external calibration device temperature (see screen shot below) in MAX. Is the external calibration temperature useful information that you use to help make decisions, or is it confusing and probably should be removed?

I would appreciate any input on the manner.

Screen Shot 2013-10-12 at 7.18.48 AM.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,357 Views)

I don't see how it could be confusing.  The only thing I can think of using the temp for is to compare it to the current temperature and you could expect good numbers.  If the two temps are very different then you might be able to predict some sort of reading drift due to temperature.  I would imagine there are bigger problems to fix than weather or not to show calibration temperature Smiley Wink

Has NI had a lot of complaints/questions regarding cal temps?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,257 Views)

I would leave it!  It's part of the external calibration data.  Nice to pull up a "report" in MAX without having to create a new VI, drop the appropriate constants/property nodes down, then pull the data out that way.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,250 Views)

_Bryan a écrit :

I would imagine there are bigger problems to fix than weather or not to show calibration temperature Smiley Wink

Definitely !

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,237 Views)