Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing clock between NI PCI 6034E and USB 6259 : AI triggered => AI measurement

Hello all,
My use case is this :
Falling edge -> triggers continuous analog acquisition until rising edge detected
Synchronization accuracy required < 10 ms.

Devices available : USB 6259 BNC, PCI 6034E [ using LabVIEW 2013, DAQMx 16.0]

I am trying to trigger start and stop of the analog input ( continuous) acquisition using the shared sample clock from analog or digital lines ( which is not allowed and my device USB 6259 does not support it)  [VI attached] and I receive the error 50103 (resource reserved) . In the VI below, I tried using PFI line for triggering which also does not work, hence the attached VI is seriously wrong.
question1.png
Hence, I  wonder if the sample clock of the PCI 6034E (RTSI bus or other 20 MHz clock) can be somehow shared with the USB 6259, which can possibly allow for AI triggered acquisition on other AI channels of USB 6259.
Thanks.

(PS : This question is similar to this one asked earlier where AI is used for trigger and continuous digital signal is measured. https://forums.ni.com/t5/Multifunction-DAQ/DAQmx-configure-continuous-digital-acquisition-with-start... )

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(1,716 Views)