Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use DAQ 9237 for other analog input?

I have DAQ 9237 thorugh which i am measuring pressure form one port of channel of DAQ 9237. How do i used other port to measure other analog input from my DAQ 9237 ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,082 Views)

The 9237 is dedicated to bridge measurement.

The input voltage range according to spec is +-25mV/V  , so if set to 10V exitation you have a ~+-250mV range you can (ab)use for voltage measurements. Just keep in mind, that the bridge measurements are ratiometric to supply voltage, (the ADC reference voltage is tied to the exitation voltage) . If the exitation voltage drops due to load conditions, the ADC value will follow while the voltage ratio of a bridge is still the same.

I don't know what values the 9237 reports (mV/V or simply V corrected by the nominal value..) and since the exitation is shared with the other channels, how big the resulting common voltage range for that channel is.

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,064 Views)

Thanks henrik

what i am getting from your reply (please correct me if i am wrong) is

1) we have to use bridge circuitry, without using bridge circuitry we cant directly connect current and voltage in between  AI+ and AI-.

Now my question is  

1) i have 24 vdc, so how much i should reduced voltage level so that it will be sustainable to 9237 ?

2) How should i apply 24 Vdc or reduced voltage to DAQ 9237?   

2) what is input voltage and current rage of 9237?

To understand my problem better i have attached PNG file please refer? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,039 Views)