Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCB-68 Shielded Desktop Connector Block Issue

Solved!
Go to solution

I have an adapter question regarding the NI SCB-68 Connector Block.  These connect to older PC's via 68-pin I/O connector.  Is there a way to convert these old models to USB via some kind of 68-pin -> 50-pin -> USB as seen here:

https://www.ramelectronics.net/adt2110701.aspx

http://www.ratocsystems.com/english/products/U2SCX.html

Looking to see if anyone has any suggestions or ideas regarding this as to why it can or cannot work.  If it is not possible, does NI sell newer connector blocks that are USB compatible that I could simply rewire or not so easy?  Curious if someone has ever had this same issue or experience with it.  Would like to eliminate old PC hardware, but if its a must, its a must.  Would like to hook this SCB-68 board up to a small Lenovo tiny PC via USB if that is even possible.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,661 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Zesty32

The SCB-68 is predominantly just a connector block giving wiring access to the 68 pins.  It will be cabled back to a desktop DAQ board of some kind, that's where the real action happens.

Thus:

1. No, there's no sense trying to connect an SCB-68 directly to a USB port on a PC.  Though the connector might be the same as those used for a SCSI interface, it is *NOT* a SCSI device.

2. Yes, NI makes plenty of USB DAQ boards you *CAN* connect to your PC that combine the data acq and wiring terminal functions in one package.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
Message 2 of 3
(2,635 Views)

Okay, thank you for the reply and that helps to know.  I appreciate it 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,592 Views)