Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement DAQ card for old AT/PCI models (AT-MIO-16X or PCI-MIO-16XE-50)

Hi all, I have a quick question about the newer DAQ cards and which ones replace the functionalities of some pretty old models.  The old ones were:  AT-MIO-16X and PCI-MIO-16XE-50, any recommendations on appropriate replacements of these?  Doesn't have to be the same AT/PCI type, but something supported by the newer PCs nowadays.  For reference, the old cards were in systems built back in 98-00 on Win95/WinNT4 OS's and LabVIEW 5.0/5.1. Definitely time for an upgrade and I just wanted to find out what DAQ cards I should be ordering as replacement of these old ones.  Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,300 Views)
Hi Signite,

Thanks for posting on the NI Discussion Forums!  I'm happy to hear that you're deciding to upgrade your hardware.  Will you be upgrading to LabVIEW 8.6 as well?  Here are my recommendations for board replacement.

AT-MIO-16X -> PCI-6221
PCI-MIO-16XE-50 -> PCI-6281

These replacements have all of the functionality of your older devices at a lower cost.  One thing to note is that these device fall under our M-Series family.  These devices are programmed with the NI-DAQmx driver.  This driver is much more efficient and user-friendly than the legacy driver used for your older boards.  However, you will need a new version of LabVIEW (at least 7.1) in order to use this driver.  If you have existing code built for your old hardware, I would strongly suggest taking a look at this devzone article.

Take a look at the product pages for the devices as well as the Developer Zone article.  Post back if you have any additional questions/concerns. Thanks!
Rod T.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,288 Views)

Hi Rod, thanks for the recommendations for the DAQ board replacements and links to devzone. 

Yes, we'll be moving to LabVIEW 8.6 or whatever the latest version is.  Hopefully the conversion to the new driver won't be a problem.

Thanks again!

paul

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,284 Views)

Hello I have the same question 10 years later. What would be a good replacement?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,070 Views)

Hi Jerry,

While no EOL plans for the PCI-6281 have been released, the PCI-6221 is in its the Mature phase of its life cycle. If you have PCIe slots in your desktop, I would recommend upgrading to either the PCIe-6321 or the PCIe-6341, as per the X Series upgrade guide.

Lindsey Nestor
Program Manager, Hardware Services
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,051 Views)