Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Python programming, How to activate IEPE power for data acquisition with NI 9231 and PCB 352C34(ICP) acceleration sensor

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi guys,

Please provide the best solution making the task with IEPE enabling for acceleration sensor, now I am using below code and it doesn't enabling the power.

add_ai_accel_chan(accelterminal_config=<TerminalConfiguration.DEFAULT: -1>min_val=-5.0max_val=5.0units=<AccelUnits.G: 10186>sensitivity=100.0sensitivity_units=<AccelSensitivityUnits.M_VOLTS_PER_G: 12509>current_excit_source=<ExcitationSource.INTERNAL: 10200>current_excit_val=0.002)

Do you have idea why the ICP or IEPE is not enabling?

Thank you so much.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(1,933 Views)

Please share the entire code. you're creating the channel correctly.

Is the sensor TEDS compatible? if so it makes your life easier in terms of configuring the sensitivity.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(1,926 Views)

Sensor manual itself is TEDS capable, but I tried to register this sensor to DAQ, it doesn't recognized. Please kindly see the task program to read accel as below.

task1 = nidaqmx.Task("VIB")
task1.ai_channels.add_ai_accel_chan(
accel,
sensitivity=100,
current_excit_source=ExcitationSource.INTERNAL,
current_excit_val=0.002,
units=units_g)

task1.timing.cfg_samp_clk_timing(pm.vib_Srate,
samps_per_chan=pm.vib_spc)

vib_arr = np.ndarray((pm.vib_num_ch, pm.vib_spc))
vib_arr.fill(0)

reader1 = AnalogMultiChannelReader(task1.in_stream)
reader1.read_many_sample(vib_arr)

Please let me know is there any attaching helps to enable the IEPE.

Thank you so much.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(1,908 Views)

I am not familiar with Python code but trying to relate it with LabVIEW to understand it.

As a quick check to see if the problem is in your code, please try using the DSA soft front panel to quickly start capturing the signal.

https://www.ni.com/en-us/support/downloads/drivers/download.dsa-soft-front-panels.html#376770

You can use the help button in the software to learn how to use this soft panel

santo_13_0-1639612473136.png

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(1,881 Views)

Hi, here is the captured the screens of the option and measuring panel, and please kindly review the recording file attached in this message.

Lou_daq_0-1639614428571.png

Lou_daq_1-1639614474037.png

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(1,877 Views)

Here is the recording file. 

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(1,876 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lou_daq

I could not infer anything from the recording.

Question - since these are acceleration sensors if you pick them up and shake, do you see those variations show up on the DSA soft panel - if yes, then the sensor is working

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(1,869 Views)

The library doesn't explain the IEPE function enables automatically when you put the internal excitation current with add_accel. I figured out with DSA panel thank you so much. DSA soft panel is really great to trouble shoot for comparing signals with my software, good tip!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(1,846 Views)