From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programming Pump with NI 9265

Hello, I am trying to program a labratory pump in labview. The only thing that I want is for it to turn on and off. I have the NI9265 and everything hooked up. However I do not know where to go for programming. I am a little lost. I know that this product changes the speed. So I want it to be changeable. however the main function will just need to have an off.  or 0 speed and go at the specified speed. Is there any way you can help me with this. The lab pump can be found at the following site: http://www.coleparmer.ca/catalog/product_view.asp?sku=0752380

Thank you for any assistance you have

Jonathan 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,569 Views)

Looks like that pump may have a serial port and 0-10V analog input to control speed- please check the manual for the specific model number of the pump you have.

The manual has the serial commands, if you go that route use Find Examples in LabVIEW and search for basic serial read and write.

If you prfer to use the DAQ card and send a voltage to control speed, search examples for analog output.

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,562 Views)