Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with PCI-6704 after upgrade

Solved!
Go to solution
I recently upgraded from labview 7.1 to 8.6, at the same time I upgraded to the lastest version of NI-DAQmx, MAX, and the legacy drivers (7.4.4). After upgrading my PCI-6704 board stopped working. When I try to run the test panels I get a message "The device did not pass the test. Would you like to continue anyway?" If I click yes, the test panel opens and I get a -10461 error message. I've tried re-installing both daqmx and the legacy drivers. I've tried uninstalling both drivers and removing the cards, restarting the computer, then re-installing everything again. I tried only installing the legacy drivers and I get the same error. Resetting the drivers has no effect. I have also tried switching PCI slots. I have a PCI-MIO-16E-1 card and it is working fine, and it works in either pci slot. Is there anything else i can try?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,173 Views)
Anyone?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,155 Views)

Hello Tavis!

Thanks for the post! I know you have tried alot of trouble shooting already but what if you put the card in a different PC? The DAQmx driver is free from the web here, so you could install it on a machine that does not have NI software on it if you want to. Or you could try another PC that already has the driver. That would be a great test to see if the card is still working or if something is amiss on your current PC. 

Cheers!

Corby_B

http://www.ni.com/support 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,151 Views)
I tried putting it in a different pc this morning. It seems to be working fine. I also reinstalled NI-DAQmx 8.4 again this morning, and the test panel works there, just not in the traditional driver. I'm going to try to "downgrade" the legacy drivers to an older version to see if that might help.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,142 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author tavis
I uninstalled the Traditional NI-DAQ 7.4.4 and instead installed Traditional NI-DAQ 7.1 and everything works fine again. Apparently there is something in the 7.4.4 update that didn't like the PCI-6704.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,139 Views)

Hello Tavis,

Thanks for your solution and post!

It looks like if you are using the 6704 with any operating system Windows NT or lower then the 7.1 Traditional DAQ driver should be used instead of 7.4.4. Let us know if you have any other problems with the 6704. Have a great day Tavis!

Cheers!

Corby_B

http://www.ni.com/support 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,111 Views)