Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pcie-634x Independent Analog Input Ranges

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a PCIe-6343 and I want to be able to input different voltage ranges on different input channels simultaneously, specifically with the user being able to select ranges for each channel when needed.  So ideally I may want to have AI 0 with -10 -10, AI 1 with -5 to 5, AI 2 with -1 to 1, and AI 3 with -0.250 to 0.250.  Does anyone know if this configuration is possible?  I tried to set an array for the min and max values and it did not work. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,660 Views)

Yes, you can set different ranges and yes you can use arrays. Place a Create Task outside a for loop. Place a Create Channel inside the loop. Wire your range arrays through the loop.

p.s. It's always best to post your code when you say 'it does not work'. That is not a good description and can't fix what we cannot see.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,659 Views)

And be sure to use a shift register for the task.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,656 Views)

Thanks for your Reply, I am new to the forum so going forward I will ensure to put a screen shot of my program or attach a .vi

Here is my sample still not sure how to configure the array

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,632 Views)

Nasty, nasty stacked sequence structure. Get rid of that or risk falling to the dark side.

And of course your DAQmx Read would have to be N Channels.

Message 5 of 7
(3,629 Views)

Thank you for this reply.  That definately helps, in this template you have provided it appears that the channels are "always on".  How would I go about making it work so that the channels only the channels that were "on" are passed into the for loop?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,581 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MLH Group TECH

The only channels that are enabled are the ones that you decide to place in the array. The only ranges that are enabled are the ones you decide to place in their arrays. How you decide the populate the arrays is up to you. I would suggest a front end screen where you are able to select a single channel and range and click to add that to a list.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,577 Views)