Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI-6115 (high memory option):: DAQmx 7.5:: Acquire samples using onboard memory for later retrieval

Hello,

I need your help in DAQmx programming under LabVIEW. I am using LV 7.1, DAQmx 7.5 and a PXI-6115 with 32MSamples onboard memory for analog input.
I need to acquire the samples on one channel during a finite acquisition (~10 seconds) at 2 MS/s. I do not want to transfer the data from the onboard memory to my PC buffer during the acquisition process. Moreover, I do not want to transfer the data when the acquisition is just finished. I wants to retreive the samples more later. 

It seems to be possible with NI-DAQmx Traditionnal (see KB 2MBBRQB5). I am looking for a solution in NI-DAQmx.

1. Is it possible to store acquired samples in the onboard memory, let them in the onboard memory when the acquisition is completed and transferred them more later (from a software request).

2. Is the call of the DAQmx Clear Task VI clears also the samples embedded in the onboard memory or Do I need to reset the device?

3. Is it possible to read the content of the onboard memory at any moments?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Matthieu G.
Eurilogic, France
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,638 Views)
Hello Mathieu,

I have found some function to make that you want in DAQmx.
You have property to transfer data when the acquisition is complete, or when memory is full.
If you place a "DAQmx channel" property node, you have in analog input>>General properties>>advanced>>data transfer and memory, and with Data Transfer Request Condition Property you can choos the property to tranfer our data.

In Data Transfer Request Condition Property, you have all function to initialise and use memory functionnality.

Best regards Smiley Wink,

Message Edité par Christophe S. le 03-01-2006 10:38 AM

Christophe S.
Account Manager East of France І Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer І National Instruments France

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,621 Views)