Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI-6289 Output offset

Has anyone else here encountered the problem where their AO output has -10V DC. The board has 2 outputs and the one outputting -10V changes from time to time. The board converts Digital Signals from my xPC target to analog signals for my E-625 amplifier and takes in data from the E-625 amplifier (in analog) and converts it back to digital for my xPC target. Any idea what could be causing this -10 V offset?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,950 Views)

Hey juscool,

I'd like to seek a bit of clarification. Is one of the outputs generating a -10V signal that is fluctuating or is it that output converting digital signals to analog signals that are being offset by -10V?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,829 Views)

Hi BrandonC1, 

Its one of Analog Input Ports. So that would convert the analog signal fed into the DAQ to digital. Also what I find strange is that even when there is nothing connected to the input ports I can still get the signal that I have set to output. So if I tell the computer to send a step function I would still see a step when I look at the Analog Input. I am not sure if this is how the DAQ is supposed to behave or if there is some unintended coupling. 

Regards,

Juscool

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,820 Views)

Hi BrandonC1, 

Its one of Analog Output (not Input) Ports. So that would convert the digital signal fed into the DAQ from the computer to analog.

Regards,

Juscool

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,815 Views)

So when you have no data being run in to be converted, you're still getting converted outputs? That is certainly odd. It sounds like the code might be generating the results regardless of what it sees in the AI channels. Could you post a VI snippet of your code? I'm not sure I'll be able to make sense of it but it might help me to interpret the situation.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,800 Views)