From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non-sequential channel task list \Dev0\Port0\Line0,2,1

Is it possible using DAQmx and LabVIEW to create a non-sequential channel task list such as \Dev0\Port0\Line0,2,1 to use as the "task in" to Create Channel ? 

Or does each line number in such cases needs to individually have its Dev and Port prepended as in :

\Dev0\Port0\Line0, \Dev0\Port0\Line2, \Dev0\Port0\Line1 ?

I am aware that \Dev0\Port0\Line0:2 can be done if sequential

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(785 Views)

I meant to say 

/Dev0/Port0/Line0,2,1

It seems that an array must be built such as :

/Dev0/Port0/Line0

/Dev0/Port0/Line2

/Dev0/Port0/Line1

and then use DAQmx Flatten Channel String to produce a single string with comma separated lines, each with its device and port prepended.

I found it not possible to include the same line number more than once in the task list, although for analog input that is acceptable.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(778 Views)

To use lines in the order 0,2,1 does not require specifying 

"/Dev0/Port0/Line0, /Dev0/Port0/Line2, /Dev0/Port0/Line1"

Since the last two lines are sequential, it is sufficient to instead just have :

"/Dev0/port1/line0, /Dev0/port1/line2:1" 

as learned by examining the output of DAQmx Flatten Channel String from the array :

/Dev0/Port0/Line0

/Dev0/Port0/Line2

/Dev0/Port0/Line1

I would have hoped/liked/assumed that if DAQmx can accept and figure out how to use a specification of .../line0:2 that it would also be able to take .../line0,2,1 and similarly apply the preceding /Dev and /port specification and apply that to any lines after that.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(729 Views)