From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ni USB 8451 Cannot work

Hi All,

My Ni USB 8451 cannot work suddently, checked in PC device manager, it was change to "NI USB-8451 firmware loader ", when it is normally, the device name is "Ni USB-8451"

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(1,122 Views)

How about on another computer? - would help to identify if the instrument was bricked somehow or just your computer was messed up.

Try resetting NI MAX too,
https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P8awSAC&l=en-US

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(1,084 Views)

Had tried with different PC,and tried different Ni USB 8451 with same PC, confirmed only this unit failed in this.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(1,081 Views)

Had reset the NI MAX, but it didn't solve the issue, I guess the firmware was lost.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(1,074 Views)

Best to reach out to NI Support https://www.ni.com/my-support/s/service-requests

It may be possible, you could recover it or worst case, you need to buy a new one.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(1,071 Views)

Hi, I have the same problem. have you solved it?thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(685 Views)

I replaced the it by NEW Ni USB 8451.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(678 Views)