cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI6289

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everyone:

I want to use 2 USB 6289 to collect 30 chanel differential AI signal.

but due to one USB 6289 only has 16 AI channel. so that I must use 2 USB 6289 to acheive this application.

how do I know these 2 USB 6289 device delay time??

do you have this kind of experience before

br

vincent

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,935 Views)

What do you mean by "device delay time?"

In general, I'd try to approach sync between different devices by sharing a sample clock.  Let device A be the master that exports its sample clock out to a PFI pin.  Device B will be the slave that imports its sample clock from a PFI pin.

You'll need to physically wire this sample clock signal between the two devices' respective PFI pins.  It'll probably be a good idea to run a physical wire beween their DGND pins too.

Then in your programming be sure to start the master task *last*.   That ought to do it.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,909 Views)

Hi Kevin_P:

thanks for your response.

In my case, we have 2 USB 6289 then you suggest to use wire to connect device A PFI 0 and device B PFI 0.

Is it correct??

br

vincent

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,848 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author vincent2615

Yes.  Then you'll also need to do the appropriate configuration in the tasks to export the signal from the "master" device/task to its PFI0 pin and then configure the "slave" device/task to get its sample clock signal from its own PFI0 pin.

Here's an idea of what some of that config might look like:

sync AI across USB devices.png

- Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,838 Views)

thx Kevin

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,834 Views)