From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI USB-6009 and Tek's TDS2024C comparesment

Solved!
Go to solution

My apologies if this topic has already been discussed, but I searched through forum and manuals and couldn't find anything.

I have a problem with measurements made in parallel with NI USB 6009 and Tek's TDS2024C.

I measured high frequency noise on 10 s window.

I used data logger with 40 kHz frequency logging in parallel with TDS2024C (which achieved 250 Hz on 10s window) and got significantly different results.

On figure in attachment, first signal is from scope screenshot data, and the second islogged data from NI USB 6009.

Can someone explain me why are these results so different?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,943 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author dzonikeda

Different sampling frequencies could easily explain this.  Try running the USB-6009 at the same rate as the scope and see what you get.  I also think the TDS2024C has fewer bits in its ADC, so that could also cause some differences.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,935 Views)