From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI PCI-6031E and NI PCI-6023E issues

Hello, I know these boards are very old and have been obsoleted.  I am trying to get a system back online that is in another country and uses these boards.  They mistakenly tried to update the NI software to the latest version and I am guessing corrupted or over wrote the old Win7 drivers.  I tried to uninstall and install older version because apparently those boards are not supported after rev 19.  The problem is I was able to bring back the 6023E but not the 6031E it shows as 2 - 6023E boards and one X'd out.  I tried uninstall reinstall, reboots, different versions DAQmx but all the same result.  Anyone have any thoughts to try.  Of course no backups or system recovery.  I searched and not much information exists anymore.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(574 Views)

I hope the firmware on these cards is not updated to a DAQmx version which makes both incompatible.

Do you have a way to reinstall the OS as fresh, then try installing a DAQmx version supported for both cards? this would eliminate any residual driver files causing the trouble,

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(560 Views)

I do not really as this is in another country.  I would lose my ability to remote in.  Maybe one of our IT people could do it but that is a little over my head.  I am hoping that it can be sent back and I can redo it here.  But these cards have been around since 1994 so end of life was coming anyway, it might just have been accelerated.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(545 Views)