From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 9237 with Load Cell error

I have a 20 kg load cell, 350 Ohm, 2mV/V that I have used before. With a 10 V excitation it has an offset of about 2mV and generates close to 20 mV full scale as expected. I connected it to an NI 9237 module using the RJ-50 connector (full-bridge). I've verified the wiring twice, checked the connectivity and resistances at the connector and found everything in order. When I try to read the load cell using either MAX or the DAQ Assistant in LabVIEW, I get a constant excitation voltage of 10.49V regardless of the EX setting (2.5, 5, or 10), and I get a constant 25mV/V output. Calibration also fails. What is my next troubleshooting step?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,760 Views)

If the calibration fails in MAX and you're getting a railed 10.45 Volts Excitation, I'd say the 9237 is in need of repair/replacement. You can run a self-test in MAX and if that fails, it's busted for sure. You can contact the RMA department at NI and they will be able to give you a quote. Call (866) 275-6964.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,732 Views)