From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitor Virtual DAQ Channels

I've successfully created a virtual DAQ device (USB6212 BNC) in NI-MAX. I would like to use this virtual device to debug a MATLAB program, and I need to monitor the output channels of the virtual device. Is there any way to do this, or some virtual oscilloscope that would work? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,744 Views)

You just treat it as a normal DAQ.  For Analog Inputs you will get sine waves.  For Digital Inputs, you will get counting patterns.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,732 Views)

Thanks for the reply. I'm wondering if there is a way to actually see the (voltage) value of each output channel in real time, as if you connected a physical oscilloscope to each output channel of the DAQ.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,683 Views)

No, simulated devices don't have that level of sophistication.  You'll need to connect real DAQ hardware to be able to monitor output signals you're generating.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
Message 4 of 5
(1,672 Views)

@zyoder4 wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I'm wondering if there is a way to actually see the (voltage) value of each output channel in real time, as if you connected a physical oscilloscope to each output channel of the DAQ.

Perhaps if this idea ever got implemented: Interactive DaqMx simulation interface ... Be sure to give the idea a kudos.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,670 Views)