Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitor Virtual DAQ Channels

I've successfully created a virtual DAQ device (USB6212 BNC) in NI-MAX. I would like to use this virtual device to debug a MATLAB program, and I need to monitor the output channels of the virtual device. Is there any way to do this, or some virtual oscilloscope that would work? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,746 Views)

You just treat it as a normal DAQ.  For Analog Inputs you will get sine waves.  For Digital Inputs, you will get counting patterns.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,734 Views)

Thanks for the reply. I'm wondering if there is a way to actually see the (voltage) value of each output channel in real time, as if you connected a physical oscilloscope to each output channel of the DAQ.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,685 Views)

No, simulated devices don't have that level of sophistication.  You'll need to connect real DAQ hardware to be able to monitor output signals you're generating.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
Message 4 of 5
(1,674 Views)

@zyoder4 wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I'm wondering if there is a way to actually see the (voltage) value of each output channel in real time, as if you connected a physical oscilloscope to each output channel of the DAQ.

Perhaps if this idea ever got implemented: Interactive DaqMx simulation interface ... Be sure to give the idea a kudos.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,672 Views)