Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measuring multiple piezoelectric voltage sensors at the same time

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to measure the voltage output of two sensors at the same time with the USB-6289.

I connected the two wires of one sensor to the top two ports in the figure below, and the other sensor to port 4 and 5 as displayed with the circles.

When looking at the signals measured with signal express, all signals display the signal of each sensor, so when there is an output of only one sensor both acquired signals show this output instead of just the one that outputted the signal.

Screenshot 2022-11-28 at 14.34.32.png

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

thanks...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(892 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jonahvdm11
  1. You need to connect the Piezo signal to AI GND, not just AI+ and AI- - read more https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA03q000000YIfVCAW&l=en-US
  2. Your DAQ is a multiplexed ADC device and these are prone to Ghosting - read more https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA03q000000YHy6CAG&l=en-US

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
Message 2 of 4
(868 Views)

Thanks a lot for your response,

What is the easiest way to accomplish this?

Do I need to connect another wire to one of the wires and connect it to AI GND?

Or do I move one of the existing wires to the AI GND port and thereby it is grounded?

'Jonah

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(863 Views)

It all depends on your actual signal from the piezo sensor.

You can connect resistors to ground for both AI- and AI+ lines as shown in the below image.

santo_13_0-1669658341043.png

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
Message 4 of 4
(847 Views)