cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max Sampling rate of NI 9411 for couter input

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

Can someone help me with the maximum sampling rate of NI 9411 module? Which I'm not able to locate in the datasheet.

My application is to measure the RPM of the motor using an encoder - I want to measure the frequency and convert the same to RPM 

Regards

Naveen

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,196 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author nforce_212

It sounds like you might have a misconception about counter tasks.  It isn't necessary to have a very high sample rate when measuring frequency.  In fact, high sample rates lead to larger quantization error effects. 

In any event, your 9411 module is mainly a pass-through interface for your digital signals.  The cDAQ chassis contains the clocks and timing engines used for sampling.  Look up manuals and docs for your particular chassis to see what methods it supports for frequency measurement and get a better understanding of how they work.

FWIW, when I was doing similar measurements, I most typically used the method called "Low Frequency with 1 Counter".  

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
Message 2 of 3
(1,170 Views)

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your suggestion, I did go through the cDAQ-9189 manual to understand different frequency measurement options.

Regards

Naveeb

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,085 Views)