Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAX Simulated cDAQ data

I've got a simulated cDAQ I'm running for a quick test.  It's a 9174 chassis with a 9205 (AI) and a 9211 (TCs).  It's not returning what I expect from the actual device, and I wanted to confirm whether the simulation is giving the expected results.

I understand that the 9211 can be read at a higher rate than its 14S/s rate and that it will simply repeat the latest measurement in between samples.  Instead I'm getting new data for every sample at any rate.  I'm guessing that the simulation just doesn't act like the 9211 really does.

Also, with auto-zero = Once and CJC = Built-in, I get screwy results.  I have to set it to "never" and "constant" to see the (expected) sine-wave for every channel.

I'm guessing that both of these issues are limitations of how the simulation engine works.  Can anyone confirm?

-Barrett
CLD
Message 1 of 4
(2,787 Views)

With simulated DAQ, all devices acts the same. With simulation, you can't really simulate timing. You will be getting some data, which should represent sine wave.

Certified-LabVIEW-Developer_rgb.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,784 Views)

so, to confirm:  auto-zero and CJC shouldn't necessarily work because those (internal, simulated) channels are seeing sine wave sweeps as well?

-Barrett
CLD
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,760 Views)

correct

to the best of my knowledge, all the channels have the same simulated signals.

Certified-LabVIEW-Developer_rgb.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,752 Views)