From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Isolated analog input measurment

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all,

I am using NI USB 6259 card. I would like to measaure some voltage up 5 V on a electronic device supplied with network. So the risk is that accidently on a ground signal I may have L line instead of N ( the grounds are common). Because it may destroy the card - there is my question here - is there a way to isolate the card and the device, but also be able to measure analog signals ? Maybe some additional devices or so?

Message Edited by pachook on 02-22-2010 04:31 PM
--------------------------------------------------
Regards,

PacHOOk
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,219 Views)
Solution
Accepted by pachook
Hello PacHOOK,

you should consider using one of our isolated bus-powered isolated USB M Series multifunction data acquisition (DAQ) module. Isolated data acquisition boards provide an isolated floating ground and removes ground loops. So you will protect your USB card from taking damage.

Best Regards

Lukas Bedajanek
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,185 Views)

it seems it can eb some solution. Before final decision I will speak to hardware departments to see if anything can be done from their side.

Thanks for your support

--------------------------------------------------
Regards,

PacHOOk
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,166 Views)