Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a list of which devices support clocked DIO (and which don't)?

In the basic device comparison on the sales page, I don't see this, or a way to filter by this property.  My application is to synchronize digital output with the clocked analog input, and to not do this with software timing.  My old device (which I believe doesn't do this) is a  PCI-6040E (PCI-MIO-16E-4), and I am looking at buying the PCI-6221, which I think does.  Can anyone confirm or recommend another option?  

Rick  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,177 Views)

You pretty much have to look at the spec sheet of the board you are interested in.  Lucky for you, it looks like the PCI-6221 does have waveform capabilities on Port 0.  And it can use the AI clock as the timing source.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 4
(2,173 Views)

There's a link on the sales page to give feedback.  Just a couple days ago, I registered a complaint of my own about the limited AI-only info given on the sales page.  I needed to identify boards that supported 32 bits worth of clocked DIO and this kind of thing *used* to be one of the filtering options.

If you're not happy with it either, add your voice, maybe we can help make it better.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
Message 3 of 4
(2,135 Views)

As crossrulz already said, the M-series PCI-6221 will support clocked DIO using the AI clock as a timing source.  However, meant to suggest you take a good close look at something like the X-series PCIe-6321 which is a newer generation MIO board with several nicer features.  More data bandwidth due to the PCI-express bus, internal clocking of DIO tasks, more counters (4) with additional capability.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,116 Views)