From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Device Resettable

Is there a way to programaticaly know if a DAQmx device supports being reset?  My applications generally reset all DAQmx devices on startup, and at the end of a test.  The intent of this was to put all outputs to an off state as a starting point of the next test.  So I queried all devices, removed the ones that are chassis because I know these don't support resets, and then reset them all one at a time.

I recently ran into a problem where my application would crash on startup randomly and I tracked it down to the fact that I was resetting a TC-01 device, which doesn't support reset, and doesn't return an error if a reset is tried, it would just randomly crash LabVIEW.  This was in LabVIEW 2013 SP1 and so maybe this has been fixed in future versions.

But really I'd just like to query if it is a resettable device, and then only reset it if it is.  But going to the properties I couldn't find this information.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,056 Views)

Hello Hooovahh, 

I do not believe there is a way to explicitly do this programmatically.  If it is not throwing any error, you might need to check manually which devices are compatible, and then check for these devices.  For more information on resetting devices, please view the link below: 

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/124D580AE300335E86256FDD006CE798

Best wishes!

Amanda B.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,019 Views)

Or probably a better approach would be to have a list of devices that I know aren't resettable, and if they are in the list of devices, remove them.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,014 Views)