Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I do this? - Get Analog Input Gain for DAQ Device

Solved!
Go to solution

Is there a way to interrogate an E-Series card to determine the current gain setting?

I'm using CVI with DAQmx, an SCXI chassis with modules and a PCI-6071E card. You use a DAQmx command to set the channel max, min, units, etc. and DAQmx sets the appropriate gain setting for the daq card in the computer to maximize resolution. What I really want to do is report to the user what that resolution is.

Without a function call, I have to use the inputs to try and calculate what gain setting DAQmx is going to use, but I'd like to know for sure by asking the card. If I could do that it would be an easy calculation to then be able to display the resolution in the proper units.

What I really need is something like DAQmxGetChannelResolution() that would return the resolution in the units for that particular channel. Either way, I can't seem to find any function calls to let me get to the final combined resolution easily. Can someone help?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,919 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author scottrod

Found it!

DAQmxGetChanAttribute (SCXITaskHandle, DAQStr, DAQmx_AI_Resolution, &resVal, 0);

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,880 Views)