From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finite voltage input output synchronization

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Community:

I slightly modified a Vi found in the Forum in order to acquire (NI9234) a voltage signal generated by an output card (NI9263) and connected to the input card; both cards are in the same chassis. 

The goal is to get data reading synchronized with data generation.

However, running the Vi I find a constant 12 ms delay in reading the sine wave generated by the output card. Furthermore, the value of the amplitude is not exactly (within the limits of the accuracy of the card) the generated amplitude.
Any suggestions for my problems?
Thank you
A

delay.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(885 Views)

Pardon, I thought I attached the Vi

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(875 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Yixiao-uncle

Delta Sigma ADC in NI-9234 has a Digital Filter in the input that adds a delay to the signal. This is documented in the specifications,

santo_13_0-1674234488427.png

If sampling at 51.2kS/s, your delay will be 784us

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
Message 3 of 5
(849 Views)

I don't think that your method of measuring the 12 ms delay is accurate. There is no way to get the actual timestamp of the first analog output. The closest value is the time when Start Task VI is called, which then you can compare with the t0 of the analog input waveform.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(838 Views)

Yes, Santhosh, you are right.

I also performed test with different sample rates and I found delay compatibile with delay calculated from board manuale.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(754 Views)