Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 200170

Solved!
Go to solution

I am having a problem running a curve tracing example VI. I have a cDAQ-9174 chassis with an NI 9203 and a NI 9229 I was recieving a different error but then I changed the device name to be compatible with NI MAX now I have an error of 200170 and I can't figure out how to get this working any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks.

-Marshal

Packaging and Testing Engineer

SETi

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(4,674 Views)

Hello Marshal,

1. On the VI, are you able to select your channel if you browse to the device using the Physical channels control? Make sure that you are selecting a valid task for each module. (9203 is a current input device and 9229 is voltage input).
  2. Are you able to create a task in MAX and run it successfully?
  3. What is the curve tracing example VI you are referring to? Can you upload it to see it?
Regards,
Daniel REDS
RF Systems Engineer

Help us grow.
If a post solves your question, mark it as The Solution.
If a post helps, give Kudos to it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(4,670 Views)

Yes I am able to communicate with each device current and voltage in MAX however I cannot run the test panel voltage thats where the error lies I believe. Also on the example VI when I go in to change the physical channels it shows the names of the channels but will not allow me to change then manually. Im not extremely new to labview and DAQ's but the cDAQ I have never worked with a chassis device. If I can change the physical channel names I think I can get the example working and start this curve tracer project. For some reason I can't attach the VI at the moment I am working on getting that to show you as well. Thanks for your quick reply I hope I gave you enough info if not just message me back I am going to be working on this until 5 pm today. Thanks

-Marshal

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(4,668 Views)

heres the VI sorry.

-Marshal

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(4,664 Views)

Hello Marshal,

If we are having problems in the Test Panels, chances are that the LabVIEW VI is not going to look any better. Can you describe me what do you see when you try to make the Test Panel run? Do you get an error when you try to run it, or is it even letting you bring the Test Panel screen up?

Also, what OS and DAQmx version do you have? Are you able to do a Self-Test fine? You can also try switching slots to see if that does any difference.

Regards,
Daniel REDS
RF Systems Engineer

Help us grow.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(4,661 Views)

Yes sir Im sorry I can run the test pannels fine and communicate fine too sorry for the confusion. I uploaded two quick daq examples given from NI just to see what it would do. Now the continuous current one runs and works fine but the continuous voltage gives me the 200170 error. So I am certain the problem lies within the physical channel for the 9203 I just need to figure out how to change the name. I am using a cDAQ-9174 NI compactDAQ with a NI 9203 voltage and NI 9229 current. I have already tried switching the slots as well. Hope this can help?

Best,

Marshal

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(4,657 Views)

Hello Marshal,

That's great. Looking at your code, I can see that you are trying to have the DAQ Assistant2 acquire voltage from two devices meant to acquire voltage and current. You need to create one DAQ Assistant for the voltage task and another one for the current task. You can create a constant to the "device name" input of the DAQ Assistant to make it clearer to see which module you are accessing.

daq.PNG

Just for your further reference, what I was refering to by DAQmx version is the driver version. You can find this in MAX » My System » Software » NI-DAQmx ADE Support.

Regards,
Daniel REDS
RF Systems Engineer

Help us grow.
Message 7 of 13
(4,653 Views)

Alright Il give that a shot and see if it makes a difference in the VI. I appreciate your help hopefully I can get this going and upgrade our lab curve tracer. Thanks for your time its greatly appreciated.

-Marshal

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(4,648 Views)

Daniel,

Everything is fine as far as creating new DAQ's as you said previous seperate current and voltage however I am still unable to change the physical channel name for the DAQ device modules any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(4,627 Views)

Hello Marshal,

Are you asking about changing the physical channel of an already layed out DAQ Assistant? If so, you would need to double click on it to open up the configuration wizard. There is a button with a green arrow that you can use to change the physical channels.

circuito equivalente.PNG

Regards,
Daniel REDS
RF Systems Engineer

Help us grow.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(4,621 Views)