Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daq Assistant scanning Problems

I am using scxi 1520 with the pxi 6280 Multifunction DAQ.   The 1520 is an 8 channel strain gauge amp which is linked via the backplain to the DAQ card.  Now I am reading from all 8 channels on the 1520 and also 3 AI volatge readings.  These have all been setup in the DAQ Assistant with the strain channels being scanned first followed by the voltage channels.  The strain channels have a input range of 100mV to -100mV and the voltage channels go from 1 to -1.  This is where I am having the problems. There seems to be noise be introduced by this scan list changing from 100m to 1 volt on the voltage channels.  This would appear to be a settling time issue.  Has anyone experienced a similar problem or know of a way to put a delay in the scan list?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,566 Views)
womble,

Though you cannot do this with the DAQmx Assistant, if you use the lower level API VIs, you can change the convert clock rate, which is basically the time between samples in a scan list. This property is set with a DAQmx Timing Property Node.

Examples of DAQmx programs using the API VIs can be found in LabVIEW's Example Finder (Help->Find Examples) under Hardware Input and Output->DAQmx->Analog Input. Please post back if you need additional help, or if this does not solve your problem.

Hope this helps,

Message Edited by Ryan V[DE] on 07-14-2006 09:21 AM

Ryan Verret
Product Marketing Engineer
Signal Generators
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,559 Views)