From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which USB DAQ can output high frequency signal (up to 5KHz)?

I'm trying to use Labview 7.1 to generate a sine wave up to 5 KHz and send this signal out through a USB DAQ. The board I have now is USB 6008 and it's analog output rate is only 150Hz. I have to find another cheap USB DAQ board to do the task. Can someone help?

Many thanks,
Labveiw User
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,852 Views)

I would certainly not say cheaper Smiley Wink

But you do have  M series USB DAQ's  that can support much higher update rates for Analog output generation

that would be NI USB 6251 and NI USB 6259.

Hope this helps

Regards

Dev

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,843 Views)

Dev,

Thanks for your reply. I looked at the two DAQ boards. Yes, the output rate is way high enough to do the job. However, it also has 16 analog inputs that I don't need. Do they have any Analog Output DAQ boards which have such a high Analog output rate? I guess I just don't want to waste money on so many analog inputs...If it's just a couple of AIs, that's fine.

Thank you very much!

Labveiw User

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,836 Views)
LabVIEW User,

It would be about the same price to start, but our CompactDAQ line of Data Acquisition devices may better suit your needs. You could start out with a chassis and an AO module, then add modules as your system grows. Would that be an option?

Regards,
Ryan Verret
Product Marketing Engineer
Signal Generators
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,832 Views)