Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DC voltage measurement using DAQ

i am using NI 6259 to measure the dc voltage from the battery using DAQ. I am getting error in the voltage. how to measure the dc voltage from the 12 V vrla battery?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(3,948 Views)

You do realize that the max voltage is 10 volts, don't you? What happens when you connect something in the specified range? If you continue to have problems, provide the pin connections and how you've configured the acquisition (Diff, RSE, range, etc.)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(3,939 Views)

Yes, hence i have used a 100:1 probe. the DAQ should measure 0.12V.But the voltage displayed is incorrect.

I am doing this to get a time stamp when discharging the battery. the voltmeter shows the the dicreasing voltage. But the DAQ doeasnt respond.

DAQ is congigured as follows.

N-samples

sample= 1k

rate=10k

RSE

max 200m

min -200m

not triggering.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(3,921 Views)

What are you using to connect the scope probe? How is the voltage incorrect - what does it actually read?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(3,915 Views)

the voltage shown is constant at 5V.

this is the VI i have attached.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(3,887 Views)

this error is displayed

Some or all of the samples requested have not yet been acquired.

To wait for the samples to become available use a longer read timeout or read later in your program. To make the samples available sooner, increase the sample rate. If your task uses a start trigger,  make sure that your start trigger is configured correctly. It is also possible that you configured the task for external timing, and no clock was supplied. If this is the case, supply an external clock.

Property: RelativeTo
Corresponding Value: Current Read Position
Property: Offset
Corresponding Value: 0

Task Name: _unnamedTask<1>

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(3,886 Views)

Can you measure directly from MAX, did you try differential measurement configuration?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(3,882 Views)

i have tried ddifferent configuration .

even if i dnt connect the probe it shows same voltage. ie 0.21 v (after scaleing)

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(3,879 Views)

Sorry, different or differential?

Does MAX measure anything?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(3,877 Views)

different.

it is not measuring the voltage from the battery.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(3,873 Views)