Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DC voltage measurement using DAQ

If you get the same reading with the probe disconnected, then you probably don't have the probe wired correctly. I asked how you were connecting the probe to the DAQ card but you never responded. Do you have one of the accessory terminal block devices for interfacing?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(1,099 Views)

I have tried wvrything but the i dnt get the readings.

what is the standard technique to measure the dc voltage from discharging battery. please help i am struggling  lot.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(1,071 Views)

i am connecting the probe to the port ai0. and i am not using any other hardwaRE..

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(1,070 Views)

Then at least provide the exact model of the 6259. There is a bnc and a mass termination type. Either one of these? If you are using the bnc, not sure this is correct for a scope probe.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(1,064 Views)

yes i am using bnc. if it is not correct for voltage probe then which other DAQ can i use. if  i use the screw teminal,since the voltage from the battery is giving more than 10 v. 

how do i read the voltage?

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(1,047 Views)

I would recomend you start with the basics. First. connect the input to gnd and verify that is what you read. Then, directly connect to some smaller battery that is within the range of the DAQ. Then perhaps try a simple 10:1 voltage divider made from resistors with the 12V battery.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(1,037 Views)