Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmxCfgDigPatternRefTrig on an Analog Input Task

Solved!
Go to solution

I am running an analog input task on a PCI-6115 card that I would like to reference trigger with a digital pattern trigger.  My programming environment is Borland C++ Builder using the Text Based code from Ni-DAQmx 9.5.1.  And, even though C++Builder is not officially supported, it ships with a routine that can convert the DAQmx.lib to a usefull format.  All of the other functions work as expected.

Once the task is created, several channels are successfully added using:

EC (DAQmxCreateAIVoltageChan ( RefTrigtask, .......));

The next operation defines the reference trigger for the task with:

EC (DAQmxCfgDigPatternRefTrig (RefTrigtask, “dev1/line0:7”, X0FER1EF, DAQmx_Val_PatternMatches, 500000));

This function trips with error code -200077 and the extended error text:

Requested value is not a supported value for this property.  The property value may be invalid because it conflicts with another property.

Property: DAQmx_Ref_Trig_Type

Requested Value: DAQmx_Val_DigPattern

You can select: DAQmx_Val_AnlgEdge, DAQmx_Val_AnlgWin, DAQmx_Val_DigEdge, DAQmx_Val_None

All of the documentation provided in the NI-DAQmx Help files suggests this should work along with all the other reference trigger methods.

Am I doing something wrong?  Could this be a bug, or is this simply not supported by this card?  Has anyone else ever tried it?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,652 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author grude

Hello Grude, 

The error you are getting and the lack of documentation on this feature in the S series user manual, and 6115 specifications point to the fact that Digital Pattern Reference Triggers are not supported on the 6115. If you are looking for this functionality I would point you towards 6535 or 6536 but I do not believe these cards fit your desired application (assumption based on the snippet of code below) of reading an analog signal.  Thus, I suggest you recreate this feature in software by polling the state of the lines for the pattern you are looking for, or in hardware by using the cards I mentioned above which support Digital Pattern Reference Triggers and export the trigger to the 6115. 

Regards,

Izzy O.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

ni.com/support 

Message 2 of 2
(2,633 Views)