From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmx update causing network DAQ problems

I have a set of cDAQ 9188s that are plugged into our network, with a computer to reserve a chassis and run an executable for our tests. The computers are running DAQmx 9.8, and I would like to update them to bring the drivers current. However, when I update DAQmx, I have a loss of communication to the cDAQs. If the chassis is already in MAX, I receive error -201250 when I try to reserve it or run a self test. If I try to add a chassis to MAX, I get error -201401, both related to the network properties of the device. By all indications, the chassis are fine, as they work with any system running 9.8, and one running 15.0.1. I have tried updating from 9.8, removing the old version DAQmx and installing the newest version, I have tried a force reinstall, all with the firewall disabled and without. I can see info about the chassis, Hostname, IP address, Status, etc, and I can ping the chassis with no problems.

One peculiarity of this problem, if I open the Network Settings Tab in MAX, it seems to load in the network properties, and then it seems like I can interface with the device with no issues, adding/reserving as expected. This behavior is specific to the session of MAX however, and it does not carry over if I close and reopen MAX or attempt to run a program on the chassis. 

I would appreciate any ideas on why I am having this problem and fixes for it. I am unsure of what difference there is between the computers that are not working with new drivers and the one or two that are. I have seen a few forum posts about people having similar errors, but none of the fixes people have found have seemed to work for me. 

Thanks for the help.

Luke

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(3,464 Views)