Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmx Analog output gets "Missing input" when Programmatic Input is selected.

I am trying to create a sequence where a square wave signal is passed programmatically to an analog output. I am using USB-6008 DAQmx and LabView SignalExpess 3.5.0.

In either Continuous, N samples or 1 sample (On demand) the DAQmx generate analog output step complains about missing input.

How do I configure the sequence to have the square wave signal to appear on the output?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,522 Views)

I tried using continuous samples and was able to specify the square wave signal as an input to the generate signal step.Now I am getting the following error:

Measurements: Requested value is not a supported value for this property.

Property: SampTimingType
You Have Requested: Sample Clock
You Can Select: On Demand

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,518 Views)

Hi, 

Can you attach your SignalExpress project?  The USB-6008 supports hardware timed analog output, so you should be able to choose something other than On-Demand timing.  Just for clarification, you were able to generate an analog square wave and use continuous generation but not with a sine wave?  Lastly, are you using SignalExpress LE or the Full Version?

Thanks,

Todd V

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
NI Prototyping Community
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,502 Views)
The 6008 does NOT support hardware timed analog output. You can only specify a single point at a time. This will restrict you to software timed output of a low frequency and considerable jitter.
Message 4 of 7
(3,498 Views)

Hi Dennis,

You are correct, the 6008 does not support hardware-timed analog output.  The data sheet specifies a maximum output rate of 150 Hz, which led me to believe that it could support continuous generation at that rate.  As this KnowledgeBase indicates, this device can accept software-timed updates of up to 150 samples per second.

Regards,

Todd V

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
NI Prototyping Community
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,494 Views)

Thanks Todd,

I am using the full version of SignalExpress. I have not tried to use the sine wave because it's not useful for our purposes.

I got the error that Requested value is not a supported value for this property prompting to select on demand when I tried to use the continuous samples setting.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,480 Views)

Hi,

As Dennis indicated, you got this error because the 6008 doesn't support hardware timed analog generation.  This is outlined in this KnowledgeBase article.  The DAQ advisor at ni.com/daq can help you find a hardware timed analog output device.  I apologize for the inconvenience. 

Regards,

Todd

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
NI Prototyping Community
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,453 Views)