Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ

Solved!
Go to solution

Hola a todos, quisiera conectar un adquisitor de datos (que no es de "national instruments") siendo mas especificos es una pequeña empresa conocida como "Pocket Logger". por tanto el momento de adquirir datos con el DAQ assistent, no me reconoce este dispositivo el Labview, ¿Que solucion le puede dar a este problema?,

Saludos

Hi, I would like to connect a adquisitor data (which is not of "national instruments"), being more specific is a small company known as "Pocket Logger ". Therefore when purchasing data with the DAQ assistent, this device is not recognized by Labview, what can i do to solve this problem?,
regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,468 Views)
The DAQ Assistant is only for NI hardware. Check with the company to see if they provide a LabVIEW driver. Your description of the device is vague. Can you provide a link?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,467 Views)

Yes, the model of the data aquisitor it's xr440 "pocket logger". I also talked with the distributors of the product. But they answered me, that they don't have the driver for the product, so the best solution is create a "NI-VISA" archive. What do you think?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,445 Views)
You can use NI-VISA if the connection is a serial port and you have a list of commands. A non-serial connection would be more difficult to implement.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,441 Views)

Yes it's, the connection it's by serial port, where i can download "NI-VISA", actually I have problem's finding "visa proyect wizard"

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,430 Views)
I don't know what you mean, sorry.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,427 Views)

Hello GonchiNavia,

Thanks for using National Instruments forums! Answering to your questions, as Dennis mentioned you will need to develop your own driver using NI-VISA functions; you can find these functions right clicking the Block Diagram in LabVIEW --> Instrument I/O --> VISA.

Good luck with your driver development!

Luis CT
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,391 Views)

how i can do that? do you have any examples or tutorials?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,382 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author GonchiNavía

You can check the ones that come with LabVIEW in the NI Example Finder (Help --> Find Examples...). Open the NI Example Finder and in the Search tab type VISA and you'll find several examples.

Hope this information works for you!

Luis CT
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,375 Views)