From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ : precise AO

Raecine, thank you for your response to my previous question. Now I have a new one.

I start a AO, at the falling edge of a trigger. This AO is, in fact, 256 "pulses" during 5 sec. I use it (among other things) to synchronize 256 AIs at the falling edge of the pulses.
To generate this pulse sequence, I have 2 possibilities :
-Store a pulse period in a buffer and generate 256 times (using "number of buffer iteration")
-Store 256 pulses and generate 1 time

I need that the frequency of the pulses is stable. What method shoul I choose ?
Thank you.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,484 Views)
Are all pulses of same length? If so, why don't you use a counter output (if you have one left) to generate this pulse train?
Which DAQ card(s) do you use?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,484 Views)
I am using The DAQ PCI-6024E. Yes it's a true square wave. But the 2 counters available are already used.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,484 Views)
Pierre,
Either method would produce the same result. In my testing, there was not and difference in the output of the two methods I did notice that if I did more update of a smaller wave, I could do other things a little better, but there was not much difference.

Nick Wilson
National Instruments'
www.ni.com/ask
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,484 Views)