Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ for IPAD

Hello

We are developing a measurement system, and we need to use IPAD.

What is the best Data Acquisition system to use for our project?

Regards;

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(6,169 Views)

Hello Abdoul78,

We haven't launched support exclusivley for the IPAD; however, please reveiw the following example that demonstrates how to build a native iPhone application with LabVIEW 2009 or later, for performing multiple-point data acquisition from a single channel using a NI DAQ device.

Best regards

Ali M

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

www.ni.com/support

Message 2 of 8
(6,138 Views)

Just wanted to clarify, that example uses LabVIEW Web Services running on a second system.  You can then access the data from your iPhone/iPad.  There is no current support for directly controlling your DAQ device through the iPhone/iPad.

Best Regards,

John Passiak
Message 3 of 8
(6,131 Views)

I am also looking for a wireless/Bluetooth solution for DAQ to the ipad for vibration analysis etc. I already have a two channel device I designed for Accelerometer into the ipad. If you want more info go to GTI Spindle web site.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(5,510 Views)

Due to the limited I/O on the iHardware, Wifi or ethernet devices are probably your best bet.

A cheap wireless bridge can turn an ethernet DAQ into a wifi DAQ.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(5,475 Views)

Again keep in mind that you can't run DAQmx on the iPhone/iPad so these products can't currently be used as the host for an ethernet or WiFi DAQ device.

Best Regards,

John Passiak
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(5,473 Views)

Is there a mobile module for iPAD/iOS system, like what the Windows Mobile Module does to deploy and run self-developed programs in iPAD? any time table that it will be released. That will be big for all LV and IPAD fans. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(5,449 Views)

Hi MengHuiHanTang,

Unfortunately, there is not a version of the LabVIEW Moble Module for anything other than Windows Moble. However, that doesn't mean that a version of the module for Android or iOS systems is not a potential future endeavor. I would recommend that you make a product suggestion using the link below and leave a detailed description of what specifically you would be looking for in the module, as feedback like that is what allows out R&D team to create the next generation of products that are best suited to our customer needs.

http://digital.ni.com/applications/psc.nsf/default?OpenForm

Regards,

Peter W.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(5,411 Views)