Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ Assistant not finding Supported Devices (X-POST to Academic Hardware)

I'm a new Labview user and am trying to acquire some data from some force sensors connected to a NI USB-6009 DAQ. After installing the drivers, I tried plugging the force sensor in to the DAQ (I'm using a Flexiforce force sensor). The ground is in to the GND plug, the positive and negative are wired to the AI0 and AI4 screw plugs. I placed a "DAQ Assistant" block on a new VI and tried to configure it for a Force Sensor. Unfortunately, the DAQ Assistant is saying that there are "No supported devices found" (Acquire Signals -> Analog Input -> Force -> ). I checked in the Measurement and Automation Explored and the DAQ is recognized/ listed there. I would appreciate any suggestions and help. Thank you. This is cross posted to the Academic Hardware board... I didn't know the best place to post this...
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,513 Views)

Ok. I think I figured out what was going on... first, I was clicking on "Force" as the option for the type of sensor. In fact, the Flexiforce sensor is a piezo-resistor (link). Once I chose the "Resistor" option in the DAQ Assistant, that seemed to work better. However, I don't think things are quite right just yet.
There are a few things I would like to do, first, I would like to be able to change the sampling rate. I've hooked up a numerical value to the "rate" input on the DAQ in the block diagram. However, when I do that, I receive an error stating that not all of the samples could be acquired in the specified time... I'm not sure why that happens.

Secondly, when running the VI with out the attempt at adjusting the rate... I push on the sensor. The resistance of the sensor should decrease. Well, I tried to measure this by hooking up a gauge indicator, and saw nothing. Any suggestions?

The Waveform Graph also seems to display noise... although the amplitude of the signal shown increases when I push on the sensor...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,498 Views)

Hi Slow,

Try to create a Task in (measurement and automation explorer) MAX by right clicking on your device and create task. Then see if it will work correctly here. Then please try one of the shipping examples by going to help>>find example>>hardware input and output>> daqmx>>analog input. See if you are getting same error, there must be some timing issues. 

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,485 Views)

I think the issue is actually that the sensor (Flexiforce A-201) I'm trying to use needs to be amplified... I'm working through how to do that now (using a Phidget Interface Kit and Flexiforce Adapter).

I'll post more once I'm able to add the Phidget Libraries to Labview... although I'm having trouble. I appreciate the response. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,465 Views)

Ok sounds good, just let us know whenever you have quesions.

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,454 Views)