From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert array or dynamic to Boolean array

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear All,
I am using simple edge detection VI with included sub VI, so in that VI they use Boolean array as an input and in my case I have an array data of my signal or also have dynamic waveform of my timer signal it actually looked like square wave so I want to use my data to the input of that VI, but I didn't convert my array data to boolean array. How I can do this conversion to the use of array data into that VI.

Please find attached file of related to my problem.
Thanks.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,963 Views)

Hi Shesha,

It is not an exact solution. How about this?

You save previous wave data using a shift register. 

Then subtract the data value of the previous loop in next loop. 

You have to consider threshold value & first loop value. 

AnalogRisingDetection.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,937 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Shesha12345

If your data is literally a square wave and low level is 0, just send the whole array through a "Not Equal to 0?" primitive.  If the low is not a zero or you want to specify the threshold yourself, just use any of the less/greater than (or equal to) primitives.  Wire your array of numerics into one terminal and a single numeric into the other:

cap.pngCapture.PNG

There is also the "Transition Measurements" VI that will return the location of transitions in a waveform, which is probably a better way to achieve what you want than by making a boolean array.  I'm also not sure what the 1000 ms wait is doing in your loop unless you only want that graph to update once a second...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,927 Views)