Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analog output not outputting multiple waveforms on diff channels

Hello!

I'm trying to control two galvo scanners by appending two different waveforms (X, Y) into an analog write.
I used and modified another member's VI to fit my need (didn't change much).

The problem is that the galvos do not move even though no errors occur when I run the VI and I can't understand what's wrong.
Any tips would be very appreciated.

galvo_mod.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(782 Views)

You have clubbed two separate issues

1. DAQ does not generate any AO - related to only Hardware
  2. Generated AO does not move my Galvo scanners in my application - related to proper use of Hardware with properly written application-specific software

To verify #1, use the Test Panels of DAQ instrument from NI MAX to generate a known signal, use a multimeter or oscilloscope on the AO terminals of the DAQ to measure the generated voltage.

If your HW seems to be working, then the issue is related to your implementation of application-specific software which does not control the DAQ AO appropriately to control your external components to your intention.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(777 Views)

Thanks for your answer!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(733 Views)