Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adaptor for a NI PCI-6221 board

Hi,

I apologize if this the wrong forum to post this question.  Please move it if necessary.

I just ordered a NI PCI-6221, 37 pin DAQ board to replace an old one.  The old one has a different cord connector (non-37 pin) and has "connector 0 (AI 0-15)" printed on it.  Is there an adaptor available that will allow me to use my new board?

Thank you,

Jerry

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,414 Views)

Sorry, the I/O connector of the old card is 68-pin VHDCI female and the new one is a 37 pin

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,413 Views)

I have a similar problem with 50-pin DAQ card. You may want to look at using the connector block such as shown in http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/204051. One end may be connected as screw terminals. You might find it less work for you if you use 68 pin connector block like NI SCB-68 (P/N: 776844-01) or CB-68LPR (777145-02) or NI TBX-68 (777141-01). One end of 37 pin cable wires would screw into the screw terminals of the connector block. Just my 2 cents after puzzling through connector maze. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,409 Views)

Hi Jerry,

I have been looking into this, but unfortunately I have not found a better solution than what bopja mentioned above with using the breakout board. It was my hope that you would be able to use  68-pin VHDCI to 68 D-Type then to a 37 D-Type, but this has yielded no results. Aside from using the breakout board you might be able to purchase each connector types and make your own cable.

Brandon L.
Automation Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,401 Views)

Hi Jerry,

I was not aware at the time of my last post, but there is a 68 pin version of the PCI-6221 available. If you contact your Account Representative they would be able to discuss your options and possibly setup a exchange. Here is a link to that device. https://www.ni.com/en-us/shop/model/pci-6221.html

Brandon L.
Automation Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,379 Views)