Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acq&Graph Voltage-Int Clk-Retriggerable with NI9206

Solved!
Go to solution

19985iBC8F44F2AAB25D34

Hi

I am following the example: Acq&Graph Voltage-Int Clk-Retriggerable.vi by NI9206 in a cDAQ。The following errors occors:

Error -200452 occurred at Property Node DAQmx Trigger (arg 1) in Acq&Graph Voltage-Int Clk-Retriggerable.vi

Possible reason(s):

Specified property is not supported by the device or is not applicable to the task.

Property: Start.Retriggerable

Task Name: _unnamedTask<6D>

What is the problem?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,981 Views)

Which CompactDAQ chassis are you using?  Is it the cDAQ-9172, cDAQ-9174, or cDAQ-9178?

Retriggering is only supported on the 9174 or 9178 chassis.

Seth B.
Principal Test Engineer | National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,968 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author NCLbingji

Opps, apologies.  Natively retriggerable analog input operations are only supported on X Series devices, not CompactDAQ.  Try this example instead: NI-DAQmx: Retriggerable AI Using Counter and an Analog Trigger or the Multi-Function-Ctr Retrigg Pulse Train Generation for AI Sample Clock shipping example.

Seth B.
Principal Test Engineer | National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,965 Views)

Hey Seth,

When you are thinking of using the example finder to produce any bit of code it would be best for you to check if the modules that you have are compatible with the modules that you are using. When you are choosing the example that you would like to use, if you click on the example you will find a list of the compatible modules in the bottom right hand corner (blue writing). The particular example you have chosen does not support the modules that you are using, so perhaps try another example. If you have any other issues, including finding an appropriate example, please do not hesitate to ask. You may also find the following link helpful.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/05A563FE3AA7B3C286256FF90077C303?OpenDocument

Regards

Andrew George @ NI UK
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,944 Views)

Apologies Seth,

That message was meant for NCLbingji !!

Regards

Andrew George @ NI UK
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,942 Views)

20099i909AC647D0429A25Thank Thank you everyone.

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for the reply. I have checked the following document http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/05A563FE3AA7B3C286256FF90077C303?OpenDocument  and followed it. However, when I used the filter settings for cDAQ9174 and NI9206, the DAQmx trigger node still show the ''Start.Retriggerble'' property.

I would like some examples that work with cDAQ9174,NI9401,NI9206

The task is to generate a finite number of 10 pulses from cDAQ9174 Counter/Timer and route it out by ctr0(PFI3) of NI9401. The digital pulse is 1kHz squarewave. Analog acquisition with sampling frequecy of 100kHz on ch0 of NI9206 is to start simultaneously with pulse generation. In another way, this means to synchrously aquire 100 sample during each pulse period (1ms).

I have some questions regarding the above task as well.

Question1: Does every module (NI9401 and NI9206 here) share the same onboard timebase 20MHz in cDAQ9174 automaticlly? If so, to achieve above task, do I just need to start simultaneously the pulse generation and analog input sampling by a same START TRIGGER, as shown in attachment1.

Question2: If the timebase answer is 'NO' to Question1, do I need to set the 'SampleClk Timebase Src Property Node' and what should be the source?

Question3: in attachment1, why the CO channel Sample Clock Rate does not display a reading?

in attachmet1, cDAQ1Mod1 is NI9206 and cDAQ1Mod4 is NI9401

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,936 Views)

Hey bingbingbing,

Please refrain from posting the same question on multiple forums, if you have already posted your question on one forum, stick to that forum. Your question will be answered eventually. The answer to the question you have posted is being handled by one of my colleagues and will be posted shortly.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Counter-Timer/pulse-generation-with-NI9401-in-cDAQ/m-p/1197425#M8767

Regards

Andrew George @ NI UK
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,926 Views)