From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing NI USB 621X wireless and info on the cDAQ-9171 chassis

Hi there guys.

I have some questions for you 🙂

Anyone tried a USB Wireless device server like the Silex SX-DS-3000WN (802.11n wireless usb device server) or similar products, with any of the multifuncion NI USB-6210/6211/6212/6215/6216 daq boards to transfer the data wireless?

Since i need to transfer the data by wireless (4 analog inputs differentials, 2 counters) and i need a small and compact acquisition board (i like the cDAQ-9171 chassis but unluckily there is only one slot, and the modules that can be used with it have only analog inputs OR digital inputs and since i need 4ai plus 2counters this cant be used).

I've read that the cDAQ-9171 chassis has 4 counter/timers but those arent accessible in combination with an analog module like the NI 9201 right?

Thanks in advance

Ierman

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,239 Views)

can anyone confirm me that the cdaq-9171 chassis need a digital module for read the counter ?

Thanks in advance

Ierman

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,201 Views)

Hello Ierman,

what do you mean when you say "the 4 counters are not accessible in combination with an analog module like the NI 9201"?

You can use these 4 counters/timers for an implicit edges counting, configuring one of them for counting the number of edges.

You can find some examples of edge-counting in LabVIEW examples.

You can also use an analog module for reading a square wave and use the examples for reading the number of edges.

I hope my answer helped you.

Kind regards.

Giuseppe 

AE NI 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,168 Views)