Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI Hardware Config load code resource error

I am currently using a LabView 8.2 on Mac OS X Macbook.
I have transfered AI Hardware Config.vi from a Mac OS 9.2 using LabView 7.0.
This VI is found in the VI library zadvd.llb from DAQ 6.6.1
I believe the actual AI Hardware Config.vi was originally sourced from an earlier version of LabView, possibly 5.0 or 6.0 or from the DAQ 6.6.1

I am trying to use AI Hardware Config.vi to open data I have recorded. It works fine on the OS 9.2 Mac but on my Macbook using OS X, it does not work.

The error occurring is that the CIN has no code to execute and the error list tells me to click on Load Code Resource and select the object code file (.lsb). However I cannot find this .lsb file.

There is also an error saying the external subroutine is not found.

Is it a problem of finding this object code file (if so, what is it called) or fixing the compatibility issues?
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,721 Views)

Hi caveman07,

The AI Hardware config.vi sounds like a traditional NI-DAQ VI.  Traditional DAQ is the predecessor for DAQmx and DAQmx Base.  It is programmed differently and you will need to transition your Traditional NI-DAQ VI's to DAQmx Base VI's if that is the case.  According to this Knowledge Base article, MAC OS 9 and previous used Traditional NI-DAQ and MAC OS X uses DAQmx Base.  Check out this Developer Zone for help on transitioning from one driver to the next.

I hope this helps!

Regards,

Ima
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
LabVIEW Introduction Course - Six Hours
Getting Started with NI-DAQmx
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,695 Views)