From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6224 Driver

lorenze

Reply 1 of 1

Viewed 1 time

I've coded an RTX driver following the flow in example aiex1.cpp.  Setup for 7 channels.  Implemented all except I did not implement the aiGetScalingCoefficients.  Is it required?  What is it?

What changes are needed to setup for single ended common ground, instead of differential?  Is it necessary to have a voltage present on the 6224 during integration testing?

After initialization the JOINT_STATUS_2 returns 0x90 indicating that AI_Scan_In_Progress_St, and AI_EOC_St, and never clears.

Can't read from the FIFO unless the AI_Scan_In_Progress_St clears. 

Since NI doesn't provide a manual I have no idea what this means, except that these flags never clear. 

So where is the FIFO data?  Why are we using a FIFO.   Is there a mapped memory option instead?  I am not using DMA.

What exactly is flush call used in example code?  Are delays required between register commands?  Single stepping through the code gives the same JOINT_STATUS_2 status.

The example code calls write/read methods.  Does every write put zeros in non specific register bits?

Do you have a direct register accessing sequence with HEX inputs which shortcuts the labored methods used in the examples?  All I want is to read 7 analogs on demand at 100Hz.

Hope someone has answers.  Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,542 Views)
Hi lorenze -

This looks like a duplicate post of the one here.
David Staab, CLA
Staff Systems Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,513 Views)