Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Onboard Memory Overflow NI cDAQ 9172

HI

Why my NI cDAQ 9172 often gets a 'Onboard Memory Overflow' Error Error -200361, even if I am sampling at a rate less than the specified rate?
I just want to sample at 100 Hz and acquire 6 channels simultaneously.

Error -200361 occurred at an unidentified location

Possible reason(s): Onboard device memory overflow. Because of system and/or bus-bandwidth limitations, the driver could not read data from the device fast enough to keep up with the device throughput.

Reduce the sample rate, or reduce the number of programs your computer is executing concurrently.

Regards,

Clement
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,262 Views)
Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on the National Instruments forum.

How many samples are you reading and at what rate? Have you tried reducing the number of channels you are reading from, or reducing the acquistion rate? If you do this are you then still presented with the same error message? What modules do you have?

If your I/O DAQ device has an Onboard FIFO memory device and it has been configured to contain the acquired/'to generate' data. If you overwrite any sample before reading/ generating it, an onboard device memory overflow occurs.

read this link to understand how onboard memory works

I'm wondering whether you see the following symptoms with this issue:

1. When powered on and not plugged into USB, both lights on the chassis are constantly green.
  2. The device is not recognized by Windows and does not show up in MAX when plugged into USB.

I look forward to your reply.

Kind Regards,

Kirtesh Mistry,
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK & Ireland

Message Edited by Kurt NI AE on 06-21-2007 11:19 AM

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,217 Views)
Hi,

I'm wondering if you are seeing this error message through MAX or in LabVIEW? I would like to use this opertunity to correct my self for phrasing this as a question: If your I/O DAQ device has an Onboard FIFO memory device and it has been configured to contain the acquired/'to generate' data. Of course this cDAQ has onboard memory.

Fundamentally the problem seems to be because you might be starting a task but not reading the data at a sufficient rate. If this problem is encountered with your VI then perhaps it might be useful if you could post the VI to the discussion forum board.

Thanks,

Kirtesh Mistry
Applications Engineer
National Istruments UK & Ireland.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,210 Views)
Hi Kirtesh,

Thanks for your quick response, I was not in my office last week so I've just seen your messages today.

>How many samples are you reading and at what rate? Have you tried reducing the number of channels you are reading from, or reducing the acquistion rate? If you do >this are you then still presented with the same error message? What modules do you have?

Concerning my hardware, I am using a USB cDAQ 9172 chassis with 2 NI 9233 modules to acquire 6 channels dynamic sound pressure signals and 1 NI  9215 to acquire 2 static pressure signals. So I have 8 channels in total.
I want to sample at 100 Hz but with the NI 9233 modules, the lowest acquisition rate is 2kS/s so I use the resample VI to lower the sample rate. Is there a solution to decrease the sample rate on the module ?

>If your I/O DAQ device has an Onboard FIFO memory device and it has been configured to contain the acquired/'to generate' data. If you overwrite any sample
>before reading/ generating it, an onboard device memory overflow occurs.

The onboard memory overflow error occurs only when I stop and restart the VI. So may be I can clear the onboard memory before starting the VI, is it possible ?
I think my DAQ device has an Onboard FIFO memory but I don't know how to configured it ? Do you have a document about this ?

>I'm wondering whether you see the following symptoms with this issue:
>    1. When powered on and not plugged into USB, both lights on the chassis are constantly green
>    2.The device is not recognized by Windows and does not show up in MAX when plugged into USB.

I don't have these symptoms.

>I'm wondering if you are seeing this error message through MAX or in LabVIEW?
>I would like to use this opertunity to correct my self for phrasing this as a question: If your I/O DAQ device has an Onboard FIFO memory device and it has been configured to contain the acquired/'to generate' data. Of course this cDAQ has onboard memory.

I'm seeing this error in Labview

>Fundamentally the problem seems to be because you might be starting a task but not reading the data at a sufficient rate. If this problem is encountered with your VI >then perhaps it might be useful if you could post the VI to the discussion forum board.

I put my Labview Project in attached file

Thanks for your help,
Best Regards,

Clement

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,155 Views)